La Casita is a project initiated in March 2014 by Kash Kelsang Dolma, a Cuban Salsa Instructor based out of India. In September 2014 The Cultural Center was alive, with the support of Family, Friends, Students and extended contacts. The GOAL is to set up a :
- Community Learning Center & Cultural Activities related to Latin American Music, Dance & Art.
- Low Fee coaching of Spanish Language
- Provide platform to local children/ youngster / adult to learn DANCE professionally.
- Provide a platform for Latin American Artists to share their knowledge through talks, screenings and workshops.
ACTIVITIES EXECUTED AND PLANNED AT LA CASITA:
- Spanish Language Course
- Dance classes / Workshops
- The Travellers Cafe
- Reading Space
- Batukada Ensemble
- Cultural Events
- Movie Screening
- Free English Classes